Do your kids have a hard time thinking of things to do? Make an outdoor activity jar! Purchase some blank Popsicle sticks from your local craft store. Then write a different outdoor activity on each stick. When your children can’t decide what to do next, have them draw out a stick and head outside!
Remember: as your writing down the activities, be sure they are easy to act on. They can even be activities that the whole family does together. Some ideas could be:
- Go for a short bike ride
- Go the the park for 15 minutes
- Pick a wildflower bouquet
- Draw on the sidewalk with chalk
- Collect 10 different kinds of leaves
- Gather twigs and rocks for pebble art
- Find 5 different shapes in the clouds.
- Fill up a page in your nature journal.
The list is endless!
Photo by greenfinger