Get your creative juices flowing and enter Outdoorosity’s first Adventure Short Story Contest!
Who can enter?
Students ages 8-13 living in the United States.
What do I write about?
Tell us about a character who is experiencing a summertime outdoor adventure in nature! Some ideas include: hiking, kayaking, birdwatching, spelunking, canoeing, swimming, and rock climbing. Or come up with an idea your own!
What are the guidelines?
The stories must be:
- Between 400 – 600 Words
- Family-friendly. Stories that include profane language or adult situations will be automatically disqualified.
Can you give me any helpful tips?
- Make sure your story takes place outdoors in a natural setting.
- Make sure your main character is on an outdoor adventure.
- Be sure to include all the elements of a good short story: setting, character development, plot, conflict, high point of the action, and a satisfying ending.
Are there prizes?
Yes! The winning writer will receive:
- Smack Dab in the Middle of Maybe T-Shirt
- $50 Gift Card to Bookshop.org
Ready to submit?
- Write your story as a word document. Be sure to include a title. Do NOT include your name on the document.
- Save your story as YOUR NAME – STORY TITLE
- Ask your parent, guardian or teacher to submit your story by AUGUST 21, 2020 to Outdoorosity@gmail.com
Void where prohibited.
Image by Free-Photos