When artists draw, they think about the shapes of the objects they’re drawing. You’re students can think about shapes as they head outside this week.
Before You Go
- Discuss lines and angles.
- Discuss various geometric shapes the students might find outside. These can include circles, ovals, triangles, rectangles, squares, and other parallelograms.
- Discuss symmetry.
- Gather paper, pencils, and notebooks to take along
Have the students look for:
- shapes in nature. Then have them draw and identify them.
- Have the students look for lines and angles in nature. Draw and identify these as well.
- Have the students look examples of symmetry in nature. If possible, bring some of these back inside.
Finally, have the students share their findings with the rest of the class.
Photo by lauramusikanski