In many parts of the country, the winter season means snow. But before you bundle up with that cozy blanket in front of the fire, consider these ideas for enjoying that fluffy white stuff:
- Go sledding
- Gather snow to make snow cream
- Build a snowman or a whole snow family
- Have a snowball fight (my kids’ favorite)
- Go on a snow hike
- Guess how deep the snow is, then take a ruler out to measure it to see if you were right.
- Go snow skiing
- Search for animal tracks
- Make your own tracks
- Build a snow fort
- Go snow tubing
- Color the snow! Mix food coloring and water in a spray bottle. Then decorate your backyard.
- Have a snowball throwing contest
- Play tic tac toe
- Make snow angels
- Blow bubbles! If it’s below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, the bubbles will freeze!
- Play tug-of-war
- Make a snow castle
- Play “Put the Carrot on the Snowman” like “Pin the Tail on the Donkey”
- Take lots of photos of the winter wonderland – and of all the fun!
Feature Image by Marcelo Coimbra
Animal Tracks Image by SQUAIO
Forest Image by Koan