Sometimes the new year is so full of new resolutions and goals that it can be a bit overwhelming — and stressful! If you’re already feeling over-committed, try these simple ways to help you relax, refresh, and reconnect.
- Take a walk every day. This can be a nature walk, a walk to work and back, or just a walk around the block.
- Take up a new outdoor activity, such as hiking, camping, rock climbing, gardening, bird watching, bicycling, kayaking, fishing, or running.
- Find a wooded area near your home or in a park and spend time forest bathing.
- Commit to spending one day a week outside and unplugged with your family.
- Volunteer for a community project.