Hopefully the autumn season is bringing some cooler weather to your area. You can take advantage of the lower temperatures by hosting a field day in your own backyard or local park. And remember, field days aren’t just for kids! You can invite family members of all ages, neighbors, and friends.
Here are some events you can include:
- Three-legged race
- Sack Race (younger children can use pillowcases)
- Over-Under Relay
- Egg-on-a-Spoon Race
- Egg Toss or Water Balloon Toss
- Horseshoes, Frisbee, or Cornhole Tournament
- Scavenger hunt
- Offer ribbons or other fun prizes for the winners of each event.
- Ask participants to bring along a dish or snack, and enjoy a potluck picnic as well.
- Bring along Popsicles in a cooler as refreshing treat.
- Set up a craft table with easy projects or coloring pages.
- Play some music.
- Divide everyone into teams and play a sport like kickball or volleyball.