It’s the first day of winter! Here are some fun ways you can celebrate the season:
1. Make your own centerpieces from natural materials: pine boughs, cinnamon sticks, pinecones, sprigs of rosemary, or floating cranberries.
2. Take advantage of the abundance of citrus fruits.
3. Go snow-tubing.
4. Take a high-definition photo or use a magnifying glass to appreciate the beauty of snowflakes.
5. Go ice skating.
6. Welcome winter visitors with homemade ice luminaries.
7. Invest in a new pair of gloves. You’ll be more likely to enjoy refreshing wintery activities if you are well-prepared for the elements.
8. Make your own bird feeder with a pine cone, peanut butter and oatmeal.
9. Make your own sledding trail.
10. Build a snowman.
11. Start a winter nature journal.
12. Enjoy the winter by bringing the outdoors inside. You can make a simple flower arrangement in less than five minutes.
13. Stock up on camping supplies in the post-holiday sales and take a few minutes to plan your next overnight outing.
14. Start a New Year’s tradition to celebrate the possibilities of a fresh start. For example, a New Year’s afternoon family hike!
15. Spring is just around the corner. Start seeds indoors for spring planting.