It’s the first official day of summer, and there are plenty of ways to celebrate the season! Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Take the kids on a bug hunt.
2. Play Bloom Bingo.
3. Find some river rocks and paint them.
4. Take a break along a quiet river or stream.
6. Go on a nature scavenger hunt.
7. Watch a sunrise or sunset.
8. Camp out in your own backyard.
9. Discover the green spaces in your city.
10. Go on an early morning walk or run.
11. Visit a farmer’s market.
13. Have family picnic somewhere you’ve never been before.
14. Visit a national park.
15. Make a five-minute flower arrangement.
16. Find out what fruits are in season and go fruit picking.
17. Create a nature discovery center and add something special to it from each outdoor adventure.
18. Learn to fly fish.
20. Take a nap in a hammock.
21. Watch fireflies.
22. Skip stones across a lake.
23. Make s’mores – even without a campfire!
24. Fly a kite.
25. Hike a new trail.